Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.nursery-online.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
At Nursery Online, we take your privacy seriously and acknowledge that we are simply custodians of your data.
- We collect your email address to enable us to send you our emails. If you do not wish to supply us with that, you are able to see the information on our website www.nursery-online.com
- We collect your name, job title, company, type of company, phone number and website to ensure we are reaching the right people with our news.
- You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link in any email from Nursery Online
- You can confirm the data we hold on you and correct any mistakes by clicking on the Update your Preference link at the end of each email from Nursery Online
- You can request details of our processing of data and/or that your data be deleted by contacting the Data Controller on Data@nursery-online.com. We will respond within 7 working days
- We will use the data you have supplied to send you emails which we believe will be of interest to you and for which you have given us your consent
- We may use the data to send you information supplied to us from third parties which we believe will be of interest to you but we will never divulge any information about you or your activity on our website
- We use Mailchimp to process our emails. MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance to the Privacy Shield framework, and is committed to treating all personal data received from EU member countries in accordance with the Privacy Shield framework’s applicable principles.